The School of Life Sciences at the University of Dundee is a world-class academic institution with a reputation for the excellence of its research, its high quality teaching and student experience, and the strong impact of its activities outside academia. With 900 staff from over 60 countries worldwide the School provides a dynamic, multi-national, collegiate and diverse environment with state-of-the-art laboratory, technology and teaching facilities.
We are recruiting for an exceptional individual to join us as a Postdoctoral Scientist in Biotransformation within our Synthetic Methodologies team.
The role:-Accelerating the exploration of chemical diversity from fragments and hits using biotransformation
This position is to develop and establish in-house expertise in biotransformation in the following areas:-
• Modification of late stage leads to modulate activity, safety and DMPK parameters.
• Introduction of reaction handles for rapid hit and lead diversification.
• Resolution of synthetic intermediates and final compounds particularly at scale.
• Generation of potential metabolites to support DMPK Metabolism ID studies
The role will require the successful candidates to use their thorough knowledge of traditional and up to date biotransformation methodology. The successful candidate will have knowledge of practical organic chemistry and analysis and an ability to apply pragmatic solutions to rapidly move the project forward. In addition, you will work with colleagues in analytical chemistry, DMPK, informatics, computation chemistry and medicinal chemistry to ensure that the methods chosen are fit for purpose within the wider organisation.
The role requires you to be self-starting, to enjoy creative problem solving and work in new ways where required in order to deliver the project goals.
You will have the opportunity to help advance an internal culture of scientific excellence by identifying and championing emerging trends in the field, establishing yourself as an expert in biotransformation within the department and opportunities to mentor and support scientists within the DDU.
This posts is for one year initially and available immediately.
The successful candidate will:-
• Develop methods to modify late stage leads using biotransformation in order to modulate activity, safety and DMPK parameters.
• Introduce reaction handles to hits and leads to allow rapid hit and lead diversification.
• Resolve synthetic intermediates and final compounds particularly at scale.
• Generate of potential metabolites to support DMPK Metabolism ID studies
Skills and Knowledge
• Experience of the use of lab automation.
• General IT skills.
The diversity of our staff and students helps to make the University of Dundee a UK university of choice for undergraduate, postgraduate and distance learning. Family friendly policies, staff networks for BME, Disabled and LGBT staff, membership of Athena SWAN, the ECU Race Equality Charter and Stonewall as well a full range of disability services, create an enjoyable and inclusive place to work.
|Click here to apply for this job|
|Email these job details to a friend|
|Back to search results|